We’ve all seen the commercials for Proactiv’s 3-Step Acne System. With everyone from Justin Bieber to Adam Levine, Proactiv is known for its celebrity clientele and outstanding marketing campaigns. But does the system actually work as well as everyone promises it will?
We were wondering too, so we did some research to get to the bottom of just how this system works. We also found out if it really is as effective as its marketing has us believing. Lets get into the Proactiv 3 Step Acne System Reviews!
Proactiv 3 Step Acne System Review
What Is The Proactiv 3-Step Acne System?
The Proactiv 3-Step Acne System is a compilation of three products designed for daily use by those suffering from acne. Coming in bottles designed for 60 days of use, the three step system includes a cleanser, toner, and a repairing treatment. All have a key role in combatting your acne so takes notes! Also available is a 30 Day and 90 Day treatment available but we found the best results with 60 days.
Firstly, the renewing cleanser helps wash away excess oils and environmental build up, working to unclog pores and remove debris. Using a solution of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, hyaluronic acid and chamomile, this cleanser is able to kill acne causing bacteria. This all helps to heal breakouts and calm any inflammation on your skin.
Next is the toner which is alcohol free and specifically designed by dermatologists to leave your skin feeling refreshed. Glycolic acid provides one of the key ingredients in this toner. Part of the Alpha Hydroxy Acid family, glycolic acid can help to remove the topmost layer of dead skin cells on your face. This step helps reveal a brighter, clearer complexion while simultaneously dissolving sebum and other acne causing components on your skin.
Finally, this three-step acne-treatment process is concluded with the use of the repairing treatment. This repairing treatment works to deeply penetrate into the pores of your face to help stop acne in its tracks. Using a solution of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide this repairing treatment works to go deep into your skin to kill acne causing bacteria and dry up any excess oils and sebum found on the skin’s surface, drying up blemishes and helping to speed the healing process. Click here to check price on Amazon.
How to Use the Proactiv 3-Step Acne System
- Massage a generous amount of the renewing cleanser into your already dampened skin for 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure to cover all areas affected by acne blemishes.
- Rinse the cleanser off using warm water and pat dry.
- Apply a thin layer of the toner over your face using a cotton pad or other applicator of your choice.
- Allow a few minutes to dry and do not rinse off.
- Apply a thin layer of the repairing treatment over the entirety of your face.
- Allow a few minutes to dry and do not rinse off.
This treatment process can be repeated in both the morning and evening daily. As a result the system will provide continuous preventative treatment for your acne breakouts.
- Many people have seen dramatic healing results when introducing the Proactiv 3-Step Acne System into their acne care regime
- Fast results with many people seeing significant differences in the health of their skin within one week
- Simple three-step process is easily integrated into daily skincare routines
- Benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid work to exfoliate dead skin cells and eliminate excess oils, debris and acne causing bacteria. Additionally this also helps minimize sebum production helping to reduce oiliness and dry up acne blemishes.
- Comes in 60-day size quantities providing two full months of treatment with every purchase of the system
- Some people complained that the treatment system was very drying on their face. This is largely due the to the effects of benzoyl peroxide.
- The cleanser and toner created a burning sensation on our face making it itchy and irritable. This is again due to the side effects of benzoyl peroxide.
- Some users complained that the cleanser bleached their towel when rinsing (due to the benzoyl peroxide). Make sure you use a white towel if you’re drying your face after using this product!
Is This Treatment System Right for My Skin Type?
Developed specifically by dermatologists to treat acne conditions and repeat breakouts, the Proactiv 3-Step Acne System is targeted at people with every kind of skin type, ethnicity, age and gender. However, people with sensitive skin reported further irritation and dryness with decreasing acne. It’s worth investing in a good moisturizer.
With this in mind, its a good idea to do a patch test on a small area of your skin. In doing this you’ll find out how you personal body chemistry reacts to the system.
Final Thoughts On The Proactiv 3 Step Acne System Reviews
The Proactiv 3 Step Acne Treatment System is without a doubt one of the most widely recognized acne treatment systems available today. Having treated hundreds of thousands of acne prone individuals around the world, this acne system has provided a lot of extremely positive results. Click here to check price on Amazon.
Whilst the strong concentration of benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid can have dramatic effects when it comes to exfoliating dead skin and killing acne causing bacteria, they can also trigger dry skin and localised inflammation on users with sensitive skin types.
As such, being aware of your skin type, acne conditions and test new products before introducing them into your skincare routine is an important consideration to take.