Having acne-prone skin is frustrating. Finding the right combination of products to treat your acne can almost be more defeating than dealing with the breakouts!
Discovering the right combination of products to banish acne and prevent future breakouts can be a process of elimination.
This is where acne treatment systems can become incredibly powerful in treating acne-prone skin. Acne systems work top to bottom to cover all of the important bases in treating acne breakouts. As a result, you won’t be missing any crucial steps when cleansing yourself of bacteria and debris that cause acne.
Murad Complete Acne Control Kit Review
Meet the Products Behind the Murad Complete Acne Control Kit
Murad’s Complete Acne Control Kit provides a perfect example of one of these all-encompassing acne treatment systems. Murad’s acne control kit includes a clarifying cleanser, an acne clearing solution, a rapid relief acne spot treatment, an oil-control mattifier and a skin perfecting lotion. The system works to combat acne, whilst evening out complexion, reducing redness and restoring hydration to the skin.
First of all, the clarifying cleanser uses a formula containing 1.5% salicylic acid to clear and prevent breakouts. The cleanser is followed by the acne clearing solution which uses 0.5% salicylic acid to treat breakouts. The rapid relief spot treatment then works to provide targeted emergency relief from blemishes helping to reduce size and inflammation. This has been shown to improve acne in as little as four hours researched in a Murad sponsored study.
The treatment system is then finished off with an oil-free mattifier and Murad’s skin perfecting lotion. First, the oil-free mattifier works to reduce shine on contact with skin, controlling sebum production for up to 8 hours. Resulting in the reduction of the likelihood of new spots forming. Additionally the oil-free mattifier contains SPF15 providing additional sun protection for a wrinkle free face. The process is completed with the skin perfecting lotion which works to minimize the appearance of enlarged pores. Additionally it helps in smoothing out the texture of your skin using an oil-free hydrating formula.
How to Use the Murad Complete Acne Control Kit
- Massage the clarifying cleanser over already dampened skin covering the entirety of your face and neck. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry with a towel or wash cloth.
- Work the acne clearing solution evenly over your face, neck and chest. Do not rinse.
- Administer a thin layer of the rapid relief spot treatment to any spots and blemishes as needed.
- Apply a thin layer of the oil-free mattifier to your face, neck and chest.
- Finally massage the skin purifying lotion thoroughly into the skin of your face, neck and any other affected areas.
While the cleanser and oil-free mattifier can be used in the morning and night, the skin purifying lotion should be used as part of your nighttime routine. You can use the rapid relief spot treatment one to three times a day to target breakouts as needed.
- Many people saw dramatic results when introducing this acne care system into their regular skincare routine
- The clarifying cleanser (1.5%) and acne clearing solution (0.5%) work to deep clean and remove dirt that builds up in pores
- The rapid relief spot system has been shown to reduce new acne breakouts in as little as four hours
- Skin purifying lotion works to restore hydration to the skin’s surface while the oil-free mattifier works to dry excess oils. Consequently you can walk around with a oil and grease free face.
- Some people found that this treatment system made no difference to their acne
- Some users complained of burning and itchy irritation on their skin when using this treatment system
- A common issue that arose was that of dry skin when using the Murad acne control kit. Likely due to the salicylic acid. This can be rectified by an additional moisturizer.
Is the Murad Complete Acne Control Kit Right For My Skin?
Due to the irritation and drying effects of salicylic acid, this system may not be ideal for people with sensitive skin types. If you have dry skin this will likely work for you if you use an additional moisturizer.
As always, it’s a good idea to run a patch test on a small area of your skin before fully integrating a new system into your skincare routine. Also ensure that you are always re-hydrating your skin with a good moisturizer every time you cleanse your skin. Click here to check price on Amazon.
Final Thoughts On Murad Complete Acne Control Kit Review
Acne systems can help to introduce a top to bottom skincare routine into your daily regime. The key benefits of using such a system is that you have everything you need all in one system.
If you’re forgetful like me, then it’s liberating to use an all in one system to save time and take the guess work out of acne treatment. As a result this means you will likely follow this routine more consistently longer term.
Consequently this system may not be ideal for anyone with naturally sensitive or dry skin. It has had dramatic benefits for many people that have adopted this system into their skincare regime.