Benzoyl Peroxide is a staple element in many acne treatments available today. But how exactly does this ingredient help in treating acne prone skin?
Benzoyl Peroxide is an acne medication designed to treat acne by killing causing bacteria and breaking down out excess oils. Which are exactly the components that can contribute to causing acne. Available in a number of concentrations, benzoyl peroxide can have life changing effects on those people suffering from acne and healing breakouts.
Humane Acne Wash Review
Humane’s acne wash is a total body wash specifically designed to treat those of us with mild to severe acne. Ideal for teens and adults, this acne wash helps clear existing pimples, whiteheads and blackheads visible on the skin’s surface.
Additionally, Humane is a skincare company dedicated to creating safe products that help to treat acne prone skin. Humane believes that skincare and cosmetic companies should be meeting a higher standard with the products they manufacture. As a result, Humane refuses to include questionable ingredients in their products like propylene glycol, parabens, formaldehyde and sodium lauryl sulphate that many other skincare companies frequently utilize, often without consumers being aware of the potential harmful effects they can have to our overall health.
While, Humane is dedicated to using safe ingredients, this doesn’t mean that the formula in this acne wash is gentle on your skin. Because of the high concentration of 10% benzoyl peroxide, it can have notable drying effects on your skin. As such, its strongly recommended that you pair this acne wash with an oil-free moisturizer that can restore hydration to your skin. This helps to moisturize without reintroducing oils that can trigger fresh breakouts and blemishes to appear. Click here to check price on Amazon.
How to Use Humane’s 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash
Humane’s 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash uses a simple four-step process that can be easily integrated into any daily skincare routine.
- Apply a thin, even layer of the acne wash onto already dampened skin. Proceed to gently massage the product over the entirety of your face or affected area of your body.
- Leave the acne wash on your skin for a minimum of one minute. Although you can leave it on for three to five minutes, if it does not irritate your skin.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a towel or washcloth. You should note, benzoyl peroxide can have a bleaching effect on your clothing/linen so using white towels is recommended when drying your skin. Alternatively, there are benzoyl peroxide resistant sheets and towels available for purchase.
- Ensure that you use a good hydrating oil-free moisturizer every time you cleanse your skin.
For optimal results, its recommended that you use this wash once or twice daily. However, if using twice daily and you begin to experience excessive dryness, irritation or peeling, you should reduce usage. Click here to check price on Amazon.
- Many people have experienced dramatically positive results in treating their acne breakouts and blemishes when using this acne wash
- 10% Benzoyl Peroxide is a strong concentration. This makes it an aggressive choice for treating moderate and severe acne.
- Benzoyl Peroxide works to kill acne causing bacteria and break down excess oils
- Humane is dedicated to using safer ingredients. This acne wash is free of irritants like propylene glycol, parabens, formaldehyde, and sodium lauryl sulphate.
- Free of any animal based products and ingredients
- Some people complained their acne conditions worsened slightly. It’s important to understand that sometimes acne medications can bring blemishes to the surface, causing our skin to get worse before it gets better.
- Some people complained that the pump on the acne wash bottle was broken upon receiving it
- A burning and agitating sensation is a common but normal side effective when using this acne wash. Likely due to the 10% Benzoyl Peroxide formula which can cause inflammation on the skin. This is especially true for those of us with more sensitive, or naturally dry skin
- Treatment can take up to 6 weeks before you seeing results. Which makes this acne treatment a long term process.
Is Humane’s 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash Right for my Skin?
Benzoyl Peroxide is a common ingredient in many acne medications and acne care products today. Humane’s 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash definitely isn’t for every skin type.
Due to the high concentration of benzoyl peroxide, it is not recommended if you have sensitive skin. Minor inflammation, peeling and drying are common side effects, but people with sensitive skin may experience more pronounced side effects. Performing a patch test on a small area of skin is always recommended before using on your face.
Final Thoughts On Humane’s Acne Wash
Benzoyl Peroxide is perhaps one of the most commonly used acne care ingredients available today. Used in many different acne medications, it can have dramatic effects depending on what concentration is used.
Humane’s 10% Acne Wash is a concentrated benzoyl peroxide based acne medication designed if you have moderate to severe acne. Anyone with sensitive skin should avoid adopting such a potent acne wash due to the inflammation and dryness caused. However if you have normal to oily skin then Humane’s acne wash will be perfect!