Sometimes, when it comes to acne care, less is more. Many of the treatments available today for treating acne-prone skin feature ingredients list a mile long. Often, these lengthy ingredient lists mean that we have no idea what exactly we’re putting on our skin each time we pick up a new product to treat your acne breakouts.
Products that use a minimal number of ingredients can be incredibly helpful in better understanding what components of the product your skin specifically reacts to. It also helps to reduce the risk of exposing ourselves to allergens that may further irritation
Dr Song Benzoyl Peroxide Review
Dr. Song’s 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Cream Gel Treatment Lotion provides a perfect example of an acne treatment that works with a minimal formula to maximize results for those suffering from oily acne-prone skin.
With only eight ingredients in its formula, this acne treatment uses benzoyl peroxide as its primary element in fighting acne breakouts and blemishes. As a most popular ingredient in treating acne, it kills acne causing bacteria simultaneously breaking down excess oils.
In different concentrations, benzoyl peroxide can have varied effects in treating our acne-prone skin. Most commonly we see benzoyl peroxide in over-the-counter acne treatments in concentrations of 2.5%-5 %. However, Dr. Song’s acne treatment lotion uses a highly-concentrated 10% benzoyl peroxide solution to more aggressively treat acne. Due to the high concentration of Benzoyl Peroxide, it’s vital that you follow up with a good oil free moisturizer. Restoring this hydration after cleansing is extremely important in maintaining healthy, happy skin. Click here to check price on Amazon now.
Additionally, one of the key features of this acne treatment is its 8 ounce size. Most 10% benzoyl peroxide acne medications can be purchased from local drugstores in 1 ounce tubes. In contrast to these products, the 8 ounce sizing of Dr. Song’s treatment allows you to invest in a larger product quantity for your money. This ensures you’ll be able to use the treatment long-term without having to constantly replenish your stock.
Paraben-free, fragrance-free and made without the use of any animal testing, Dr. Song’s treatment lotion comes with a 100 day money back guarantee. With this money-back promise, Dr. Song ensures that any customers who are not fully satisfied can seek a refund, no questions asked.
How to Use Dr. Song’s 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Cream Treatment Gel Lotion
Dr. Song’s 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Cream Treatment Gel Lotion easily integrates into your daily skincare routine as a simple additional step between your normal cleansing and moisturizing routine.
- Rinse and cleanse skin thoroughly as per your normal skincare routine before using the treatment lotion.
- Using a pea sized amount of product, cover the acne affected area with a thin layer of cream. You can apply this cream 1-3 times daily depending on the severity of your breakout.
- Follow-up with a good hydrating oil-free moisturizer to restore any lost moisture to your skin.
Its recommended to begin with one use of this treatment daily and add additional usages gradually, to ensure the product doesn’t irritate your skin. Additionally, if irritation or excessive dryness does occur, its advised to reduce usage or eliminate use altogether if agitation continues. Click here to check price on Amazon now.
- Many saw dramatic positive results with this acne treatment lotion
- Offered in an 8 ounce extra large size, this acne treatment is long-lasting
- Ideal for drying out oily skin
- Paraben and fragrance-free and produced without the use of animal-testing
- Strong concentration of benzoyl peroxide works to cleanse deep into pores and follicles and target acne-causing bacteria at its source
- Minimal ingredients help to reduce the risk of exposure to acne-causing triggers
- 100 day hassle free money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with the results of this acne treatment!
- Some people found that this treatment caused a rash and burning sensation on their skin
- Benzoyl peroxide can have bleaching effects on some surfaces. Some complained that this product bleached their clothing and bed linens. It is recommended that you use old or white fabrics when using this product.
- Benzoyl peroxide can cause dryness and skin irritation. Following treatment with a hydrating oil-free moisturizer is highly recommended.
Is Dr. Song’s 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Cream Gel Treatment Lotion Right for my Skin?
Benzoyl peroxide in small concentrations can be a great way of treating acne-prone skin. However strong concentrations of this chemical compound are not recommended for all skin types.
In fact, for those of us with sensitive skin, its advised that we avoid products like Dr. Song’s Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Cream Gel Treatment Lotion. Because of the drying effect that benzoyl peroxide possesses, its expected that some redness and irritation may occur even in those of us with hardier skin types. For those of you with sensitive skin, this agitation may even be amplified.
Final Thoughts On Dr Song’s Benzoyl Peroxide Gel Lotion
Dr. Song’s 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Cream Gel Treatment Lotion offers a highly-potent and minimalist formula. Using benzoyl peroxide as its active ingredient this treatment works to deeply target pores killing off the acne causing bacteria located on the skin’s surface.
While high concentrations of benzoyl peroxide are not recommended for those of us with sensitive skin, this acne treatment has helped greatly in alleviating symptoms from many people suffering from oily acne-prone skin.
Paired with the right oil-free moisturizer to restore hydration and maintain healthy skin cells, Dr. Song’s acne treatment may just provide the relief you’re looking for in treating your next acne outbreak.