Bacteria is often one of the leading triggers when it comes to acne breakouts. Built up beneath the surface of our skin, acne-causing bacteria can become irritating when pores become blocked. This causes the well known symptoms of pimples, whiteheads and blackheads that we all want to get rid of!
Basics Of Benzoyl Peroxide And Acne
Bacteria builds up when dead skin cells and excess oils mix together, clogging our skin’s pores. Our bodies respond to this “bad” bacteria by sending white cells to fight and kill the foreign invader. This causes our skin to respond with the inflammation, irritation and the breakouts we know as acne.
Benzoyl peroxide is perhaps the leading acne-fighting ingredient used in combatting this type of bacteria. Benzoyl peroxide helps to breakdown excess oils, sebum and kill acne causing bacteria that promote blocked pores and acne. In addition Benzoyl Peroxide also helps to support healthy cell turnover causing you to have fresh and healthy looking skin.
DDF Benzoyl Peroxide Gel Review
DDF offers a 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel that provides a medium-level concentration of benzoyl peroxide in combating our acne outbreaks. This gel uses benzoyl peroxide as an acne inhibitor, which in turn works to reduce the severity and frequency of acne blemishes on your skin.
Beyond benzoyl peroxide, DDF’s treatment gel contains a number of additional ingredients that help to support healthy and clear skin. For instance, the glycerine found in this treatment helps to restore moisture to the skin, a vital benefit as benzoyl peroxide can be quite drying, especially in higher concentrations like in this gel.
Additionally, this treatment also contains tea tree oil which is a natural combatant to acne-causing bacteria , doubling up with the benzoyl peroxide in this formula to help our skin heal and rejuvenate quickly.
Designed to be paired with other products in the DDF acne treatment skincare line including the DDF Acne Control Treatment and DDF Weightless Defence Oil-Free Hydrator UV Moisturizer, DDF’s Benzoyl Peroxide Gel is the first step in working towards clear, healthy and blemish-free skin. Click here to check price on Amazon.
How to Use DDF’s Benzoyl Peroxide Gel?
DDF’s Benzoyl Peroxide Gel is easily integrated into any daily skincare routine, providing a simple additional step right between your normal cleansing process and moisturizing routine.
- Cleanse skin thoroughly as per your normal skincare routine.
- Cover the entire acne-affected area of your skin with a thin layer of the benzoyl peroxide gel. Apply one to three times daily.
- Allow product to dry completely.
- Follow-up with a good hydrating moisturizer to restore any lost hydration. You will also avoid the dryness associated with Benzoyl Peroxide.
Because benzoyl peroxide can be quite drying to your skin, its recommended that you begin this treatment with one use a day. Gradually increase usage to 2-3 times daily while carefully monitoring how your skin responds. If you experience excessive drying or irritation, we recommend that you reduce or discontinue use.
- Many saw great results when using this gel as part of their daily skincare routine
- Benzoyl peroxide works to break down oils and target bacteria. Whilst glycerine works to restore moisture and tea tree oil enhances the healing process during a breakout.
- Easily integrated into preexisting skin care routines
- You only need a small amount of product. Which makes this gel long lasting and cost effective
- 5% benzoyl peroxide concentration offers a more potent treatment to more deeply target breakouts. This is hugely beneficial when compared to many other 2-2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatments
- Occasionally redness and irritation will occur after introducing this product into your routine. It should be noted that, some inflammation is common and to be expected with any product that uses benzoyl peroxide.
- Some people complained they found this product to be sticky on their skin
- 5% benzoyl peroxide concentrations are often to strong for more sensitive skin types
- This product had some drying effects on the skin
Is DDF’s Benzoyl Peroxide Gel Right for my Skin?
Benzoyl peroxide products can be great in treating your acne breakouts, however higher concentrations like in DDF’s Benzoyl Peroxide Gel are not recommended for every skin type. If you have sensitive skin, use Benzoyl Peroxide with some caution, as it may cause excessive dryness and inflammation. Alternatively you can also used lower concentrations of Benzoyl Peroxide and ramp up frequency.
In order to determine if this product is right for your skin, we recommended that you do a patch test on a small area to ensure you don’t experience any irritation. Additionally, following up with a good moisturizer after using Benzoyl Peroxide is recommended due to its drying effects.
Final Thoughts On DDF’s Benzoyl Peroxide Gel
With a 5% benzoyl peroxide concentration, DDF’s Benzoyl Peroxide Gel offers a concentrated solution in treating oily acne-prone skin. Targeting acne causing bacteria and breaking down excess oils, DDF’s treatment gel promotes healthy skin cell production while aiding in healing breakouts quickly and efficiently.
DDF’s Benzoyl Peroxide Gel has had dramatic results for many people in treating their acne breakouts. Easily integrated into daily skincare routine, DDF’s Benzoyl Peroxide Gel provides a great additional step between our cleansing and moisturizing routine to help stop acne breakouts in their tracks and reduce the risk of harmful and unwanted blemishes showing up in the future.