When it comes to skincare, Clinique has long been an industry giant when it comes to creating top-of-the-line treatments. Developed with the understanding that “great skin can be created”. Clinique have developed a line of skincare that takes advantage of simple processes that can be easily integrated into daily routines.
Editors Note: We loved Clinique’s Anti Blemish Cleansing Gel as it worked well in our usual routine. We go into further detail below.
Clinique’s skincare products are allergy-tested, fragrance-free and customized specifically to suit different skin types and concerns for acne prone skin. In fact, Clinique’s Anti-Blemish Cleansing Gel provides a perfect example of a product designed specifically to treat conditions like acne breakouts.
What does Clinique’s Ant Blemish Cleansing Gel Do?
With a specially-designed formula, this anti-blemish cleansing gel is backed by Clinique’s four-in-one clearing complex. Dead skin and environmental build up on our skin can provide one of the most common causes of breakouts. Through its use of salicylic acid, Clinique’s Cleansing Gel not only helps to clear away debris and environmental build-up, it also helps preventing future breakouts.
Salicylic acid can be helpful in evening out complexion by opening up and deep-cleaning pores while minimizing inflammation on skin. Derived from willow tree bark, salicylic acid works to calm skin, reduce the size and appearance of enlarged pores.
Using Clinique’s Anti Blemish Cleansing Gel
There are two different ways that you can use the Clinique Anti-Blemish Cleansing Gel to treat your acne-prone skin. First as an allover treatment or second as a spot treatment to target specific breakout areas on the skin’s surface.
Used as an All-Over Treatment
- Firstly, perform your normal cleansing ritual. Then apply a thin layer of the cleansing gel over the entirety of your face.
- Apply up to twice daily. Morning and night application is recommended.
Used as a Spot Treatment
- After performing your normal cleansing ritual, apply a thin layer directly to breakouts and blemishes on the skin’s surface.
- Apply up to twice daily. Clinique recommends you apply this gel both morning and evening.
Clinique’s Cleansing Gel can be quite drying on the skin. As a result we advise that you should use a good moisturizer after each use. Especially relevant if you’re using this cleansing gel with other topical acne treatments due to drying effects.
Additionally, its advised that if you are pairing this anti-blemish cleansing gel with Clinique’s Acne Solutions Clear Skin System, you only use this gel as a spot-treatment rather than an all-over cleanser for your face as the combination of the two product lines may be harsh on your skin and provoke enhanced dryness and irritation on the surface of your skin.
- Many people have seen dramatically positive results when introducing Clinique’s Anti-Blemish Cleansing Gel into their daily skincare routine
- Light-weight formula dries quickly on the skin leaving you with a matte-finish. Which is great for people who have oily skin.
- Salicylic acid based formula helps to provide light exfoliation that works to remove dead skin cells and environmental build up
- Many people reported the cleansing gel provided them with incredibly quick results in getting rid of their acne. In addition, some people even saw an overnight reduction of swelling, inflammation and irritation when used as a spot treatment.
- Some users reported that this cleansing gel had drying effects on their skin. However we prevented it by pairing this cleansing gel with a good hydrating moisturizer after use
- Salicylic acid products can sometimes take up to four weeks to see visible results when treating acne breakouts and blemishes
- Easy squeezable packaging doesn’t allow for you to put excess back into the bottle
- Some users felt that they didn’t get the best value for money on this gel
Is Clinique’s Anti Blemish Cleansing Gel Right for my Skin?
As an acne treatment, Clinique’s Anti-Blemish Cleansing Gel is designed for all acne-prone skin types. However, we need to be clear thet this product is perhaps most ideal for people with normal, oily or combination skin types.
Because of the drying effects that often come with using salicylic acid, acne treatments that use it can often be more harsh on the skin of those with dry or sensitive skin.
Notably, before integrating any new acne treatment into your skincare routine its best to perform a patch test on a smaller area of your skin to ensure it is suited for you and your skin type before introducing it more fully into your daily regime. Click here to check price on Amazon.
Final Thoughts On Clinique Anti Blemish Cleansing Gel Review
With its salicylic acid based formula, Clinique’s Anti-Blemish Cleansing Gel works to target breakouts, unclogging pores by removing excess dirt, debris and dead skin cells from the surface of your face.
With this in mind, the drying effects of salicylic acid, it may not ideal for those with dry or sensitive skin. Formulas like the four-in-one clearing complex used in Clinique’s Anti-Blemish Cleansing Gelcan be a great option for those of us with oily or combination skin looking to target our acne.